Acid attack survivor Katie Piper donates £1,000 to support mum seriously injured in horrific Clapham attack

Acid attack survivor Katie Piper donates £1,000 to support mum seriously injured in horrific Clapham attack

ACID attack survivor Katie Piper has donated £1,000 to a fundraising campaign for the woman who suffered similar injuries in the Clapham chemical attack.

The Loose Women star, 40, backed the online page to support the mum and her two children during their recovery.

Acid attack survivor Katie Piper donates £1,000 to support mum seriously injured in horrific Clapham attack
Loose Women star Katie Piper urged others to donate for the GoFundMe set up for a mother who was attacked by a dangerous alkali substance in Clapham
Getty
Handout CCTV image dated 31/01/24 issued by the Metropolitan Police of Abdul Ezedi, the suspect in the Clapham alkaline substance attack, at at Tesco in Caledonian Road, north London. The Metropolitan Police said the substance used in the alkali attack in Clapham, south London, on Wednesday was a "very strong concentrated corrosive" and the force has offered a reward of up to ¿20,000 for information leading to the arrest of suspect Abdul Ezedi. Issue date: Sunday February 4, 2024. PA Photo. See PA story POLICE Corrosive. Photo credit should read: Metropolitan Police/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.
It comes as police announce that their current working theory is that fugitive Abdul Ezedi jumped in the River Thames
Metropolitan Police / PA Wire

Katie urged others to donate to the GoFundMe which last night had raised more than £37,000.

She posted: “As many of you know burn treatment is a long process so going over target will still be much needed.”

She added: “Thank you to everyone who has donated. Your kindness and generosity does not go unnoticed.”

TV star Katie suffered a similar attack in 2008.

Ex boyfriend Daniel Lynch was subsequently jailed for life, along with accomplice Stefan Sylvestre.

Last night cops searched the Thames for attacker Abdul Ezedi, 35.

They believe he died in the river after the horror in South London last month.

Police admit that Ezedi’s body may never be found due to the speed of the current in the river.

Ezedi, from the Newcastle area, is accused of pouring a powerful alkali on his ex-partner, 31, and her two young children.

The female victim remains in a critical but stable condition and is still too unwell to speak with police.


Everything we know about Ezedi

What were Ezedi’s last known movements?

Manhunt cops say Ezedi’s car was seen in Newcastle at quarter past midnight on Wednesday.

By 6.30am the car was seen travelling into Tooting, south west London.

A further sighting of his car was confirmed in Croydon at 4.30pm and Ezedi was seen driving in Streatham at 7pm.

The attack on a 31-year-old woman, and her daughters, aged three and eight, took place in Lessar Avenue in Clapham at 7.25pm that night.

The mum is believed to be known to Ezedi, cops said.

Ezedi made off in his car but it crashed nearby. He then left the vehicle and ran off.

At 7.33pm Ezedi boarded a Northern line train at Clapham South Tube station.

Ezedi got off at King’s Cross just before 8pm.

He was seen on CCTV leaving a Tesco Express at 21 Caledonian Road, near King’s Cross, and turning right.

The suspect had significant facial injuries and is believed to have bought a bottle of water.

Ezedi re-entered King’s Cross Tube station at 9pm and boarded a southbound Victoria line train.

The latest confirmed sighting of Ezedi is now on Southwark Bridge at 9.47pm on Wednesday.

The suspect has not been seen since.

Does Ezedi have a criminal record?

Ezedi was convicted of a sexual offence in 2018 and given a suspended sentence at Newcastle Crown Court.

The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed he was sentenced on January 9 of that year after pleading guilty to one charge of sexual assault and one of exposure.

He was put on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.

Why was Ezedi given asylum in the UK?

Ezedi was granted asylum in 2020 on his third attempt – after he was convicted of the sex offence.

He reportedly arrived in the UK on the back of a lorry in 2016 and claimed to have converted to Christianity to back up his asylum bid.

A priest told the Telegraph that Ezedi had converted to Christianity and was “wholly committed” to his new religion.

What happened to Ezedi’s face?

CCTV from Wednesday night shows Ezedi with what police have described as very “significant injuries to the right side of his face”.

Met Police Commander Jon Savell addressed him directly, saying: “Abdul, you clearly have got some very significant injuries.

“We’ve seen the images. You need some medical help, so do the right thing and hand yourself in.”

Recommended Articles